Here are my highlights from the story. That is to say, what I highlighted while I was reading.
- There were many points in the story where Daisy was grating. I wondered why Hazel put up with the way she was spoken to (largely with condescension). Thankfully she did learn from her experiences and get have some emotional growth. Regardless, I’m still not entirely convinced that Hazel can’t do better.
- I often find myself wondering why we have different spellings of hello, even among us English. Does this imply an accent? A posh ‘ha-low’ perhaps?
- This speaks to number 1. The way Hazel blindly follows Daisy made me sad at times. Although, it is very true to the sort of situations children find them in!
- Agreed. Bourbons are the BEST!
- I wonder if Hazel recognises that Daisy is flirting with the detective? Hazel is so innocent!
- I can relate to this very strongly. My school taught me to be an ambassador and behave in a way becoming to that position.
- As a #NaNoWriMoWinner2017 this made me jump with glee! I wonder if Daniel and his magical foster family will feature in a British Books Challenge one day?
Want to read my full review? Click here.